Victoriana, Alternate years
A wyvern augmented with giant cave bat genetics, plus a few other useful mods.
|Base OCV: 7||Base DCV: 5||ECV: 8|
|Levels: +2 OCV to negate penalties for Move By & Grab By Attacks, +4 OCV to negate penalties for a sweeping grab, +5 DCV with Evasive Manuvers, +1 All OCV when ridden (See Wingrider)|
|DEX: 20||SPD: 5||Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12|
|14 PD (14 rPD)||14 ED (14 rED)||MD: 20|
|END: 40||STUN: 36||BODY: 18|
Lenght: 2" Hight: 1" Width: 1" (2" When wings are out.) Mass: 800 Kg Reach: 2"
STR Roll: 12
DEX Roll: 13
CON Roll: 14
INT Roll: 10
EGO Roll: 14
PER Roll: 15
Psychological Limitation: Slavisly Loyal to its Master (Very Common, Total) 25
Psychological Limitation: Kill Broken! (Very Common, Strong) 20
Psychological Limitation: Kill Desolate! (Very Common, Mild) 15
Enraged: When Wingrider is Critically Wounded, Knocked Unconscious, or Killed (Common, 14, Recover 11) 25
Base Points: 470
Disads Total: +85
Powers Cost: 520
Skills Cost: 20
Characteristics Cost: 113
Total Cost = 553
19 Physiology Adjustments:
- Life Suport (Diminished Sleep: Does Not Sleep; Immunity all terestrial poisons and chemical warefare agents; Safe in Intense Cold, Heat, & Radiation) (19 Active Points)
5 Darkvision (5 Active Points)
12 Strong Willed:
- 20 MD (15 Active Points); Linked (Physiology Adjustments; -1/2)
23 Large Creature:
- Growth, +15 STR, +3 Body, +3 STUN, -3” KB, x8 mass, +1" Reach, -2 DCV, +2 PER Rolls to see it, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent ( +1/2), Inherent ( +1/4) (34 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)
13 Intimidating Bulk:
- +20 PRE (20 Active points), Linked (Large Creature; 1/2)
- Flight 10", Position Shift, No Turn Mode ( +1/4), combat acceleration/deceleration ( +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (50 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 0
124 Sonic Scream: The Wyver-bat can emit a focused sonic blast from its mouth that impacts its target with extreme concussive force.
- Killing Attack – Ranged 3d6, Double Knockback ( +3/4), No Range Modifiers ( +1/2), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier ( +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2) (124 Active Points) [6 END]
15 Concusive Reverberation:
- Flash Hearing Group 6d6, No Range Modifiers (+1/2) (27 Active Points); Linked (Sonic Scream, -3/4) [3 END]
22 Bite or Stinger:
- Killing Attack – Hand-to-Hand 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Variable Disadvantage (No reach with bite; -0) [2 END]
- 3d6 with STR
57 Anti-Worm Toxin:
- Drain Mental Powers – 4d6, Variable effect (All Mental Powers; +2), Delayed Return Rate (20 minutes; +3/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2) (170 Active Points); Linked (Sting; -1/2), Limited Power (Only Affects the various varieties of The Colony such as The Progeny, The Desolate, and The Broken; -1 1/2)
- Has no affect on P2 Progeny, and the variety of The Broken known as Patchwork Elves
- This is a genetically tailored toxin and is specifically NOT covered by Life Support
22 Evasive Maneuvers:
- Change Enviornment 2" Radius, +5 DCV, Usable by Another ( +1/4), Trigger (One set of conditions: Wyver-Bat, Mounted Wingrider, or their hexes are attacked, Activating takes no time, Trigger requires a Full Phase Action to reset; +1/4) (45 Active Points); Limited Power (Cannot use at same time as Dodge or Dive For Cover Actions; -1/4), Limited Power (Regardles of who spends the action to reset the trigger, it is always the Wyver-Bat who must pay the END), Limited Power (Only while being ridden; -1/2) [4 END]
- Note: This increases the DCV of the Hexes ocupied by the Wyver-bat and it’s rider as well as they themselves, so AOE’s must hit a base DCV 8 during Evasive Manuvers.
37 Chitin and Bone Armor Plating:
- 10 ED & PD, Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points)
3 Thick Skinned:
- 4 Resistant PD & 4 Resistant ED (4 Active points); Linked (Chitin and Bone Armor Plating; -1/2)
5 Magicaly Bound to Wingrider (magic rather than psycic): A magic ritul is used to creat a mental link to an Oussrae-Thex Wingrider. This is a magical, rather than psychic, bond, and it therefore falls in the unusual sense category rather than the mental sense category.
- Psychic Bond: 1 at a time (10 Active points); Only With True Drow who have undergone the proper bonding ritual (-1)
5 Mounted Atvantage:
- +2 DCV, Usable By Another ( +1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Power (Not Usable by Wyver-Bat, Only The Bonded Rider May Benifit; -1 1/2)
15 Sense Broken:
- Detect Mind Links (Unusual, Passive), 360 Degree Perception, Tracking, Discriminatory, Analayze, Telescopic (+10 PER rolls to offset Range), Targeting (38 Active points); Limited Power (Only Affects the various varieties of The Colony such as The Progeny, The Desolate, and The Broken; -1 1/2)
- Does work on P2 Progeny.
- Active Sonar (15 Active points); Linked (Physiology Adjustments; -1/2)
- 10 +5 PER roll
- 4 Flyby Attack: +2 OCV to negate penalties for Move By & Grab By Attacks
- 3 Aerial Snatch: Martial Grab, +5 STR (4 Active Points); Limited Power (Only while Flying; -1/2)
- 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, +15 STR to hold on
- 3 Torso Grab: The Wyver-Bat is skilled at grabing the whole torsos of winged humanoids, pinning both arms and the wings.
- +4 OCV to negate penalties for a sweeping grab.
The Progeny and The Desolate who hid within them were originally a high-tech society. When the Oussrae Thex joined The Progeny in their war, the Progeny Queen scrapped all of their existing advanced technology in favor of developing advanced biotechnology. By allowing the Oussrae-Thex, who had no mind link to infiltrate, to take the lead in the development of this new form of technology it delayed The Desolates’ ability to keep up with the Progeny and their allies. Only Progeny whose loyalty was certain would be given access to weapons tech, and even they wouldn’t have the knowledge of its creation in their heads for The Desolate to steel.
Of course, neither the Desolate nor the Progeny are stupid, and it was only a matter of time before they developed the technology on their own, especially with the latter’s efforts aiding the former. While The Desolate’s biotechnology is not as advanced as that of the Oussrae-Thex (and is nothing compared to the advanced biomancy of the Oussrae) it is still potent enough to produce some truly formidable things. Lately, they have begun bio-augmenting their favorite shock troops, The Broken. Since The Broken only matter to The Desolate so far as they can be used, they think nothing of experimenting on them. Inspired by the descriptions given to The Broken by the denizens of The Desolate’s newest place of infestation, they have created a new batch of elite bio-augmented Broken that are highly mobile flight weapons.
The Wyver-Bats are The Dark Scion’s direct response to these augmented Broken. They are designed to blast their adversaries out of the air, establish air superiority, and then pound their enemies from the sky. The Wyver-Bats have been in service for roughly a year at this point, and are just now coming into true full-scale production. Because they have had availability issues up till now, there are currently no Progeny Wingriders that have been trained.
Note: The Wyver-Bats have the same safeguards on their toxin and genetic structure as the Thex Hounds. (See Bio Section of the Thex Hound for details.