Victoriana, Alternate years
Sentinel Thex Hound
Independently operating organic hunter-killer units designed to stalk and destroy Desolate invaders
|Base OCV: 9||Base DCV: 5||ECV: 8|
|DEX: 20||SPD: 5||Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12|
|23 PD (23 rPD)||23 ED (23 rED)||MD: 20|
|-3" knockback plus an additional -1d6" when in contact with a solid surface|
|END: 50||STUN: 38||BODY: 18|
Length: 2" Height: 1" Width: 1" Mass: 800 Kg Reach: 2"
STR Roll: 15
DEX Roll: 13
CON Roll: 14
INT Roll: 11
EGO Roll: 14
PER Roll: 15
Psychological Limitation: Kill Desolate! (Very Common, Total) 25
Psychological Limitation: Protect Drow & Progeny (Very Common, Strong) 20
Base Points: 637
Disads Total: +45
Powers Cost: 508
Skills Cost: 52
Characteristics Cost: 122
Total Cost = 682
21 Physiology Adjustments:
- Life Suport (Diminished Sleep: Does Not Sleep; Immunity all terestrial poisons and chemical warefare agents; Safe in Intense Cold, Heat, & Radiation, Diminished Eating: Must eat once per year) (21 Active Points)
- Yes, its perfered food is Desolate.
- Extra Limbs, Inherant (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)
- +8" Running (16 Active points); Linked (Large Creature; -1/2)
8 Expert Climber: 6-legs, sharp claws, high strength, and cave stalker genetics all combine to make the Thex-Hound a highly effective climber.
- Clinging (10 Active points); Linked (6-Legged, -1/4)
- -1d6 from all knockback while in contact with a solid surface
23 Large Creature: Growth, +15 STR, +3 Body, +3 STUN, -3” KB, x8 mass, +1" Reach, -2 DCV, +2 PER Rolls to see it, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent ( +1/2), Inherent ( +1/4) (34 Active Points); Always On (-1/2)
13 Intimidating Bulk: +20 PRE (20 Active points), Linked (Large Creature; 1/2)
20 Inhanced Chameleon: Invisibility to Sight Group, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Only When Not Attacking (-1/2)
30 Bite or Claw Swipe:
- Killing Attack – Hand-to-Hand 1d6, Variable Advantage (Armor Peircing Claws, or Penetrating Bite +3/4), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier ( +1/4) (30 Active Points) [3 END]
- 3d6 with STR
5 Darkvision (5 Active Points)
202 Imune to Psionics:
- Supress Mental Powers – 17d6, Variable effect (All Mental Powers; +2), Persistant ( +1/2), Inherant ( +1/4), Area of Effect (1 Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (404 Active points); Always On (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)
- Blocks 102 Active Points worth of any Psycic Abilities directed at the Sentinel Thex Hound’s Hex.
12 Strong Willed:
- 20 MD (15 Active Points); Linked (Imune to Psionics; -1/2)
67 Anti-Worm Toxin: The Sentinel Thex Hound’s toxin has been improved to allow it to function as a contact as well as a blood poison. The hound constantly secretes a film of the toxin all over its body, making any form of physical contact by Colony based races extremely hazardous. This is a nasty surprise for Desolate who are used to the hounds having to bite and latch on to be effective.
- Drain Mental Powers – 4d6, Variable effect (All Mental Powers; +2), Delayed Return Rate (20 minutes; +3/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END, +1/2), Damage Shield (Damage added to physical Attacks; +3/4) (200 Active Points); Limited Power (Only Affects the various varieties of The Colony such as The Progeny, The Desolate, and The Broken; -1 1/2), Limited Power (Requires Skin-Skin Contact; -1/2)
- Has no affect on P2 Progeny, and the variety of The Broken known as Patchwork Elves
- This is a genetically tailored toxin and is specifically NOT covered by Life Support
45 Chitin and Bone Armor Plating:
- 18 ED & PD, Hardened (+1/4) (67 Active Points)
3 Thick Skinned: 5 Resistant PD & 5 Resistant ED (5 Active points); Linked (Chitin and Bone Armor Plating; -1/2)
8 Leathal Reputation:
- +20 PRE (20 Active points); Limited Power (Affects The Desolate Only; -1 1/2)
15 Sense Desolate:
- Detect Mind Links (Unusual, Passive), 360 Degree Perception, Tracking, Discriminatory, Analayze, Telescopic (+10 PER rolls to offset Range), Targeting (38 Active points); Limited Power (Only Affects the various varieties of The Colony such as The Progeny, The Desolate, and The Broken; -1 1/2)
- Does work on P2 Progeny.
20 Enhanced Sense of Smell:
- Discriminatory, Tracking, Targeting (20 Active points)
- 11 Tracking: 15
- 8 +4 PER roll
- 17 Stealth: 20
- 16 +2 Overall OCV
One of the prime advantages to having the Oussrae-Thex leading the fight against The Desolate is that the Oussrae-Thex, unlike the progeny, do not have a racial mind link that The Desolate can listen into. This means that they can plot and scheme without The Desolate knowing what they’re up to. Of course, it also means that it’s harder to call for help, making them more vulnerable to assassination. And, of course, it negates the secrecy advantage to have Progeny looking over their shoulders all the time. As a result, The Progeny Queen suggested, and the Oussrae-Thex Matriarch readily agreed, to the Oussrae-Thex living in their own segregated district, where Progeny, and thereby Desolate, access could be well controlled. The walls work great to monitor lawful entry by the Progeny, but of course a stealthy Desolate assassin could still sneak over them, not to mention the fact that The Desolate are physically indistinguishable from P1 Progeny.
The Thex Hounds were the solution to this problem. While regular Thex Hounds are designed to work in groups, coordinated by a Packmistress, Sentinel Thex Hounds are built to work alone. They prowl the warrens, back-alleys, and crevices of the Oussrae-Thex District stalking those Desolate bold enough to sneak over the district walls. And when the Sentinel Hounds find them, and they always do, they make The Desolate intruders very, very sorry they came…
Sentinel Thex Hounds are highly territorial, although they do not attack each other. A Sentinel Hound stakes out a territory, and then proceeds to destroy any Desolate that enter it. These territories can overlap without problem in confined environments, much to the chagrin of Desolate who draw the attention of multiple hounds. The hounds will give chase after a fleeing Desolate, but will not leave their protectorate unattended for more than a few minutes before giving up. Practically speaking, only Desolate in groups that are smart enough to scatter have a chance of anyone escaping the hound. Sentinel Hounds will also attack Broken that wonder into their protectorates, but they are not nearly as zealous as they are against Desolate, refusing to follow them outside their protectorate at all. Sentinel Thex Hounds will also strive to protect any normal Drow or Progeny in their protectorate from any third parties, and especially Desolate. They care nothing for Drowish infighting, and are indifferent to any other non-Desolate non-Broken life form, as long as it’s not bothering a Drow or a Progeny.