Victoriana, Alternate years
A combination of battlefield prowess and a highly placed wife make these low-level officers the most highly ranked men in the Oussrae-Thex Military.
|Base OCV: 5||Base DCV: 8||ECV: 4|
|Levels: +6 OCV with Longsword, +1 DCV while wearing Scale Armor|
|DEX: 13||SPD: 4||Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12|
|16 PD (12 rPD)||16 ED (12 rED)||MD: 15|
|END: 36||STUN: 36||BODY: 17|
STR Roll: 13
DEX Roll: 12
CON Roll: 13
INT Roll: 12
EGO Roll: 12
PER Roll: 12
Psychological Limitation: Xenophobic (Common, Strong) 15
Reputation: Drow, 11- 10
Psychological Limitation: Kill Desolate! (Very Common, Strong) 20
Social Limitation : Male (Frequently, Minor) 10
Social Limitation: Envied by the Lower Ranks (Occasionally, Minor) 5
Social Limitation: Resented by the Higher Ranks (Occasionally, Minor) 5
Base Points: 185
Disads Total: +65
Powers Cost: 125
Skills Cost: 34
Characteristics Cost: 88
Total Cost = 247
5 Life Support (Longevity: 400 Years; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) 0
3 Darkvision (5 Active Points); Linked (Life Support; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4) 0
10 Multipower, 25-point reserve, (25 Active Points); all slots Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2)
|1u||Cloud of Darkness: Darkness to Sight Group 2” radius, Alterable Size (25 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2)||8 END|
|1u||Dark Fire: (Total: 24 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Change Environment 1” radius, -2 DCV, Sticky ( +1/4) (12 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2) (Real Cost: 5) plus Image: 1 Hex, Sticky ( +1/4) (12 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2), Set Effect (“Paints” all invisible creratures in the hex with a ghoastly outline; -1) (Real Cost: 3)||8 END|
18 +3 Longsword of…: A magic sword…
- (Total: 63 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) Killing Attack – Hand-to-Hand 2d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active points); OAF (-1), Independant (-2) (Real Cost: 15) plus +3 OCV (3 Active Points) (Real Cost: 3) [ – ]
- 3d6+1 damage with STR.
- 4 1/2d6 damage with Offensive Strike or Counterstrike
20 …Venom: …imbibed with poison.
- Drain Body – 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Delayed Return Rate (1 Day; +1 1/2) (90 Active Points); OAF (-1), Independant (-2), Linked ( +2 Longsword, -1/2) [ – ]
17 +3 Wyvernscale Armor: On a normal warrior this armor would impose a -1 Penalty to STR, DEX, and CON rolls plus reduce Running by 2" (add the Side Effect Limitation: Minor, Always occurs; -1/2 and Reduce Real Cost to: 15). However, these elite soldiers have mastered the use of Scale armor, allowing them to shrug off its encumbrance.
- (Total: 60 Active Cost, 17 Real Cost) Armor (12 PD/12 ED), Hardened (AP Priority, +1/4) (45 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Independant (-2) (Real Cost: 13) plus +3 DCV (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Independant (-2) (Real Cost: 4)
15 Combat Challenge:
- Trigger on +3 Longsword (Two Trigger Conditions: Enemy in range attempts to move or enemy in range attacks an ally, Activating trigger an action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically immediately after it activates; +1) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1)
23 Guard Impact: These highly skilled soldiers have mastered a combat technique by which they can use a successful block to pull their opponent off-balance, giving them considerable advantage.
- (Total: 92 Active Cost, 23 Real Cost) Change Environment: 1” -3 DCV, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Gestures (-1/4), No Range (-1/2), Linked (Block/Martial Block; -1/2) (Real Cost: 7) plus Suppress Combat Manuevers 3d6 Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Effect (Suppress All in category; +2)] (52 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), Gestures (-1/4), No Range (-1/2), Linked (Block/Martial Block; -1/2) (Real Cost: 16)
- Successfully blocked opponent is -3 DCV and has all combat maneuvers reduced in potency by 3d6 Active points until they spend a half phase attack action to recover their poise.
12 Mind Strengthening: Since their primary foes possess minor psychic abilities, these soldiers have spent some time training in meditational techniques to strengthen their minds.
- 15 MD (12 Active Points)
- 2 WF Drow Weapons
- 3 +3 OCV with Longswords
- 3 +1 DCV While Wearing Scale Armor
- 1 Weapon Element: Swords
- 4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
- 4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, +4 DC’s Strike, Must Follow Block
- 4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase,—OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
- 5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, +4 DC’s
- 4 Martial Escape: var, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR versus Grabs
- 4 Expert Grip: var, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR versus Disarm
These veteran men are some of the most highly skilled warriors employed by the Oussrae Thex, enough so to earn matrimony to a highly ranked noble woman. This confluence of high political influence and veteran bravery against The Desolate menace has allowed them to achieve officer status (abet, of the lowest rank possible). This affords them the privilege of even having lowborn women being polite to them (although they’d better return the favor).
There are two major downsides to this is that their fellow men are often envious of their status, and this can breed resentment from the lower ranks. Also, many female officers tend to resent these upstarts. The other problem is that this often causes them to be drawn as pawns into the higher-level political intrigue that men normally get to avoid. While there are far too few Oussrae-Thex for assassination to be tolerated, there are plenty of other nasty fates waiting to befall the losers in a political struggle.
For those posted with The Dark Scions, dealing with The Oussrae on those rare occasions when the “chosen ones” “deign” to come out of their “paradise” and fight the good fight can also be trying. While The Oussrae tolerate them as a necessary evil for their less enlightened Oussrae-Thex sisters, they don’t react well to them having any type of authority, and take condescending to a whole new level. This doesn’t grate well for those who are used to being shown some level of respect which has been earned the hard way on the battlefield.